Are you looking to start a grow room at home and keep your garden safe? A common way that grow rooms get exposed is from the strong lingering odor left by your marijuana garden. Though nothing beats a professional system, here’s a great low-cost way to create a effective homemade grow room odor control carbon filtration system that will keep your garden discreet from prying noses!
HEPA Filter Cartridge
1/8″ Drill Bit
4″ Hole-Saw Bit
4″ Dryer Hose
4″ Dryer Hose Flange
5-Gallon Bucket With Airtight Lid
25lbs. Of Activated Carbon
1. Start with using your 5-gallon bucket as a template on top of the HEPA filter, trace and cut a circle out. Make sure it accurately in the bottom of your bucket. Remove filter, set aside.
2. Using your drill with the 4″ hole-saw bit, cut a hole in the center of the 5-gallon bucket lid. Test the 4″ dryer hose flange for tight fitment within the hole.
3. With the dryer hose flange in the hole cut through the bucket lid. Take the silicon and apply caulk around the base of the base of the dryer hose flange and bucket lid. Let this set 4-6hrs for an airtight seal.
4. Take your drill and use the 1/8″ drill bit and randomly apply a few dozen holes in the bottom of your 5-gallon bucket (this is where fresh air comes out).
5. Insert your pre-cut HEPA filter into the bottom of your bucket. Add all of the activated carbon. Place lid on bucket and tightly sealed shut. Attach the 4″ dryer hose to the 4″ flange. Now dryer hose is connected to exhaust end of blower.
This will allow the blower fan to move air from your grow room through your 5-gallon filter. The porous carbon will eliminate all the odors from your garden as the air passes through the filters. A excellent way to clean the air of any smell emitting from your flowering garden.